As the spread of COVID-19, commonly known as Coronavirus, continues, and businesses take measures to protect their employees and clients, First Team Staffing wants to reach out and explain the steps we are taking. The priority actions of First Team Staffing include remaining informed by, implementing preventative measures, and continuously adjusting our micro-business operations as the situation develops. Read on for measures we are taking, as well as how individuals can do their part to prevent the spread of the virus.
Preventative Measures Taken by First Steam Staffing
Our team is closely monitoring and adhering to the guidance and recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have also encouraged our staff and visitors to practice the following measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including:
- Staying home when feeling ill or caring for a family member
- Remaining home when returning from an area identified as high-risk
- Washing hands frequently
- Avoiding close contact when possible
- Limiting travel when possible
We are confident that our clients are taking the same preventative measures to keep their employees and community safe. More information on the virus from the CDC can be found here.
How First Team Staffing Can Continue Business Operations
First Team Staffing will continue to follow the recommendations provided by local and national organizations and government officials, adjusting our business operations as necessary. We have measures in place at this point to continue providing our services as needed to our clients. The measures enacted are so far are as follows:
- The President, VP of Operations, and Director level workforce will remain engaged in day-to-day operations, in-office throughout this situation
- Real-time client communication as information on COVID-19 develops
- Customer Service will continue, with prevention measures communicated and strongly recommended to field managers with a plan to provide remote service if we are advised to cease on-site client support
- Ensure that our territory management team members have remote access to employee database and other internal resources
- All recruitment facilities will have additional cleaning daily, and a deep clean every weekend from an outside agency
COVID-19 Symptoms and Prevention
The Coronavirus symptoms manifest as a mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough, and difficulty breathing. The CDC believes that symptoms may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 days after exposure to the virus. People can catch COVID-19 from other people who have the virus, through droplets from the nose or mouth that spread when an infected person coughs or exhales.
The following steps can help individuals limit their potential exposure to the virus:
- Wash hands with soap often, for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with sick people, staying three to six feet away from them
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue away
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces frequently
- Ensure employees have ample facilities for washing their hands
- Teleconference instead of meeting in person
- Follow updates from the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO) regarding additional precautions.
First Team Staffing wants all of our employees, clients, and visitors to remain safe and healthy through this situation. We are doing our part to protect the health of our employees and our communities while remaining committed to providing you with quality service.
Let First Team Staffing Be Your Employment Solution
First Team Staffing, located in Baltimore, MD, specializes in recruitment and placement of professional and temporary workers. The company, founded in 1982, is now a national leader in our industry. In our 35+ years of business, First Team has remained hands-on, relationship-based, and dedicated to partnerships we forge with our clients. We are proud to help our clients achieve their goals by providing them with a flexible and qualified workforce while providing genuine career opportunities to candidates.
First Team Staffing has offices in Baltimore, Aberdeen, White Marsh, Columbia, Bowie, and Sparrows Point, MD. We have recently opened offices in Tennessee, located in Nashville, La Vergne, and Mount Juliet. Visit us online or in-person today to start your job or employee search, or reach us by phone at 410-719-0404. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter for employment advice and company updates.